Career Con: Andrew Cho

Back to Article
Back to Article

Career Con: Andrew Cho

Courtesy of The Blue Diamond Gallery

Courtesy of The Blue Diamond Gallery

Courtesy of The Blue Diamond Gallery

Courtesy of The Blue Diamond Gallery

Amy R., Staff Writer

There are many jobs to choose from-doctors, lawyers, engineers, and more. Some people may not even know some jobs exist. It is hard for students to choose what they want to be when they grow up. To prevent students from having no dream jobs, Parks set up an event called Career Con. One individual I met was a lawyer named Andrew Cho. If I learned anything from Mr. Cho, it is this: Being a lawyer takes a lot of effort.

Mr. Cho is a Bankruptcy Attorney. He helps people get rid of debt. Most of the  people who come find him are those who have lost their jobs, can’t repay their loans, and other unfortunate cases. Cases with credit card debt are the most common. He says people can become addicted to using credit cards and can get out of control. However, Mr. Cho believes that debt is not the big problem, their income is the problem. Mr. Cho can help fix debt problems. But he cannot change someone’s income.

Becoming a lawyer is not an easy job. It takes a lot of effort and studying to become a successful one. Mr. Cho gave great advise that he wanted to give to the future generations. Reading, writing, critical thinking, typing skills, and oral argument are skills that you need, in order to become a lawyer. This may seem impossible to do, but he thinks that dreaming big dreams and having the courage to chase them will make your dreams come true. Most importantly, it is important to have specific ideas about what you want.

Mr. Cho has put in much effort in becoming a successful lawyer. His motto is, “Nothing is free”. He had to study very hard to achieve his dream. He attended college for 4-5 years and attended law school for 3 years. He currently works at his office in Anaheim and earns an average of $1,500-3,500 per case. His daily tasks consist of reading, writing, sending emails, and meeting with his clients.

Having a job you want takes time and effort. To reach his goal, Mr. Cho had to study very hard. He wants everyone to remember that “nothing is free” and dream big. Giving up will prevent you from reaching your goal. Most importantly, know what you want.