Picking up your Trash

Pixabay.com

Pixabay.com

Our campus is typically a very clean campus, but recently I have seen more and more trash being left around campus. Trash tends to make an atmosphere not as clean in expectations. Trash is also one of the biggest problems we have in the world right now. There are also over 1,000 kids at our school, and who a vast majority eat lunch and throw waste away every school day, and when we all take care of our own trash our school will be spotless.

There is already trash that is not making it to the dump and it ends up in the ocean and other areas. The trash can not only hurt but endanger some animals. Let’s say you were to drop your plastic milk bag and it doesn’t matter because someone else can pick it up, but then that plastic bag can end up in the ocean then a sea turtle is hungry and might mistaken the bag for a jellyfish. After eating the bag the sea turtle might have blocked intestines then it won’t be able to eat and can starve to death if not helped. This is one example of what could happen if you don’t pick up your trash. Your trash that you may have dropped and not cared about can affect wildlife. I’m just letting you know that you should pick up your trash and maybe help others with their trash on and off campus.