COVID Christmas

Courtesy to pixbay.com

Courtesy to pixbay.com

Liana Mendez, Contributor

As we all know, Christmas break is just around the corner. What will you be doing on Christmas break? Hopefully nothing too big, like throwing parties or going to any. Since Covid-19 cases have been rising recently, we all have to be extra careful, such as wearing masks every time we leave our homes, or keeping a minimum distance of 6 feet. But how is Christmas and New Years going to work if we can’t go anywhere?

A lot of people are going to be celebrating Christmas on a Zoom call. Now I think that’s just crazy, but also very smart. If you’re on a call, then you won’t be spreading any germs. But some people are still going to risk it and have a small get-together. Even if you wear masks, you still are at risk of getting Covid-19 since you’re not maintaining a 6 feet social distance.

It may be kind of sad to not spend Christmas with all of your relatives, but just think if you would rather not see a relative, or see them become sick? I know that I would rather not see them. We have been in full lockdown a couple weeks now, so the schools and restaurants may close down again. Hopefully, this all gets cleared up by next Christmas so we won’t have to go through this again.

So all in all, let’s just hope that this all gets cleared by the end of the school year. And who knows, maybe the 8th graders could have a nice send off to high school. Hope you have a merry Christmas, and a happy New Year.