• May 1This final month is filled with field trips, special events, and much more! Look out for new articles to find out more.

• May 1Which theme park do you prefer? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• April 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

Three Songs with Inspiring Messages

Leah S., Contributor

There are many mainstream songs played day to day on the radio with terrible meanings–or no meanings at all. But there is a select few that have real substance. Here are three songs that have a good message for people of all ages.

“Truce”
By Twenty One Pilots
The word truce means a temporary agreement. This is exactly what the song is about. “Truce” is featured on the band’s third album, Vessel, released in 2011. Since its release, the song has touched many people’s hearts. The message is simple; stay alive. “Truce” has impacted many people’s lives in the most positive way. Although the song is somewhat short and the lyrics are often repeated, it still helps many of the band’s fans get through hardships and, well, stay alive.

“Scars to Your Beautiful”
By Alessia Cara
It is easy for both girls and boys to feel so worthless. Many people see right through their beauty and value. This song tells the story of a girl who just wants to be beautiful. All she wants is for people to notice her, appreciate her, pay attention to her. She wants to be supermodel thin, so she slips into an eating disorder. She thinks she’s not good enough. The chorus is where the message of the song comes out. Alessia sings about how you are beautiful and no matter what anyone says, you don’t have to change yourself for them. The song continues to rise on the charts for its uplifting message that has helped many people realize their true beauty.
“Clay”
By Grace Vanderwaal
A song with a simple, yet effective message that was written by a girl who is only twelve years old. Featured on her brand new E.P., “Clay” tells the story of someone who is constantly being told harsh words. Many people would let these words change them, let the words mold them into someone different. But not Grace. She sings about how those words don’t hurt her and how no matter what, she won’t mold into someone different because of someone else. She isn’t clay. It’s a very impactful song that could help many people that are dealing with bullying or teasing.

Now you know that not all songs have bad meanings and that there are, in fact, many of them that can inspire people.