• May 1This final month is filled with field trips, special events, and much more! Look out for new articles to find out more.

• May 1Which theme park do you prefer? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• April 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

PBIS at Parks

Andrew P. and Gavin M.

Richard Branson once said, “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” Many students break the Parks Panther Policy claiming that they simply did not know the rules. On January 16th and 18th, Vice Principal, Pam Miller, and Principal, Laura Makely, gave the students at Parks a PBIS speech. Mrs. Miller spoke about the importance of PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports).

First of all, baseball caps are now allowed to be worn outdoors; with a reminder to some Panthers that beanies nor hoodies are permitted at school. Also, there was a request that students would use their given iPads more purposefully and carefully. Too many iPad repairs have been done due to the fact that the students are damaging them. Adding on to this, students should not be using their cameras for filming at school; with the exception of when the teacher at hand allows it. It was also confirmed that we Panthers should not be using the Gmail for non-educational use. Additionally, we were informed about Parks Jr. High’s anti-bullying policy. Bullying is a subject at Parks that both teachers and administrators take very seriously; and if you are caught bullying on or off campus, it could lead to suspension or even expulsion.

These assemblies were held to remind students about the Parks Panther Policy, and if you follow the rules, there is a chance that you will earn a Panther Pride Card. Let’s all make our time at Parks the best! #parksbest2years.