• May 1This final month is filled with field trips, special events, and much more! Look out for new articles to find out more.

• May 1Which theme park do you prefer? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• April 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

Parks 2018 Talent Show!

Are you a young talented individual who would like to share your talent with the world? If so, the Parks talent show is the thing for you. After taking a break for one year, it’s coming back to Parks Jr.High. Acts will range from singers, to musicians. There will be several meetings to attend if you wish to be a part of the show. The first informational meeting was held in Mr. Ling’s room February 7th at lunch. During this is meeting, students found out what they need to do in order to have the best chance of making it on the show. Auditions for the show will be held Tuesday, March 6th. The results for who will be on the show will be held on Friday, March 9th. Rehearsal will be held on Thursday, April 5th. Dress rehearsal will be held Tuesday, April 17. The talent show will be on Thursday, April 19th at 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm.

We’d like to thank Mr. Ling and Mrs. Martinez for being so involved in the show. Both teachers have their own experience in the arts and they are the primary reason for the success of the show over the past 15 years. Parks has had many amazing and funny performances in the past such as the year we had a human beat box, the gymnast who performed on half an exercise ball, along with two kids who got in a bit of a pickle with yo-yo tricks, and all those were only a couple years ago. Let’s prove that this generation of panthers has the most talent and totally rock the talent show this year. We can’t wait to see what you have in store this year. We hope to see you on stage April 17. And remember let’s make #parksbest2years!