PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games

Jae L. and Ethan K.

The Winter Olympics is a worldwide multi-sport event that takes place from February 9th to February 25th in PyeongChang, South Korea. With 92 nations and 2952 athletes participating, this event is one that many are looking forward to. Several events that will take place are figure skating, ice hockey, ski jumping, snowboarding, and bobsleigh. These world class athletes have been preparing for their whole lives to qualify for these events.
For anyone interested in watching live, the ticket prices range from about $400-$600. If you do decide to go, you will see many famous Olympians including Mikaela Shiffrin, Lindsey Vonn, and many more. As you see them compete during these 17 days, you will be breath taken by the skill and pure talent that these athletes demonstrate. Unfortunately, some members in the Russian Olympic team have been disqualified from the games because of the government sponsored doping scandal, which is using drugs that enhanced their physical performance. This is not allowed in the Olympics, and so therefore Russia shall not be present at the Olympics. Teams have been previously banned from the Olympics due to physical enhancing pills and they all know the consequences of taking these pills.
At the Olympics, each athlete is put in three specific rounds, and within each round, the better they play, the higher change they have of getting a gold medal. However, even if they don’t perform at their best level, they will still have a chance to receive a silver or bronze medal. Obtaining these medals is such an important achievement in their lives because it shows all the hard work and dedication they have put into their sport.
Above all, Olympians should have good sportsmanship. Through it all, Olympians, even if they may be losing, should maintain positive attitudes and be respectful towards one another. After all, they are all high-leveled athletes that will always have a chance to receive praise and honor. The few competitions that show poor sportsmanship will not only be forced to leave, but will also be looked down on by others.
Make sure to come to this event on February 9th to see some of the greatest athletes ever. The Winter Olympics are an event that only takes place every four years. You should turn on your TV and watch this event.