• May 1This final month is filled with field trips, special events, and much more! Look out for new articles to find out more.

• May 1Which theme park do you prefer? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• April 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

Fullerton Union High School

Shareny T., Contributor

As the eighth-graders are about to leave Parks Junior High, they might be thinking about which high school they would like to attend. With multiple choices to choose from such as Sunny Hills, Buena Park, and Troy, eighth-graders may be stressed by the search for which school is best for them.

Fullerton Union High School is a secondary school in Fullerton, California, and was established in 1893. Fullerton High started off by renting the second floor of the Fullerton Elementary School building. The school was soon moved to West Commonwealth Avenue, which is now known as Amerige Park, since enrollment was increasing at the rate of eighteen percent per year. The school built a second building due to overcrowding, but before this new building could be occupied, the original building burned down.

Fullerton Union High School today has many outstanding programs that help students excel. One of Fullerton High School’s many extra-curricular programs is their Speech and Debate program. Speech and debate is an academic activity for students in middle school, high school, and/or college. Speech and debate activities are competitive, challenging and require constant training. The Fullerton program is sixteenth in California school rankings and ranks one hundred sixty in all schools in the United States. If you decide to join the Speech and Debate program at Fullerton High, it may open multiple doors for college scholarships. Speech and debate skills can help with several aspects of transitioning to college, including writing and demonstrating readiness for college work.

Fullerton High School has numerous excellent programs. If you enroll into Fullerton High School and join their Speech and Debate program or any other program, many opportunities that will eventually help for college applications and acceptance to college will become available to you.