• April 3On April 19th, the annual Parks Junior High Talent Show will take place! Come to support your friends and teachers!

• April 3What is your least favorite day of the week? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• March 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

Troy High School

Lola O., Contributor

Troy High School is known for its amazing educational experience, rich history, and stunning programs. If you are planning to become a Troy Warrior, make sure to know the school’s history, and some great tips for success.

The first school that was located where Troy is today was built on October 4th, 1879. One acre of land was given to this school, which was then known as King’s Branch Free School. Eight contributors went to get wood to build a small structure. Later on, in 1882, Katy railroad was built in the area which effected more people, causing an increase in the enrollment. With this higher enrollment, more rooms were needed, so they extended the campus. After many years and revisions along the way, this school became what is now known as Troy High School.

Getting extra tips that might help in high school can and will benefit students greatly later in life. The first step is to get about eight to nine hours of sleep. Going to sleep at a earlier time can help with this. Also, it has been scientifically proven that getting to school on time and getting enough sleep improves overall grades. Remember to pay attention in class and act well behaved; and do not forget to finish all of your homework without procrastinating. By paying attention in class, homework will be much easier. Additionally, if you have any tests, study! Studying can and will improve your scores on quizzes and tests by a large amount.

In high school, punishments continuously gain intensity, so make sure that you try your best to act well behaved in and out of class. Also, avoid getting penalties and to avoid a lower grade as a result. Make sure to hang out and befriend people who will set a good example for yourself.

All in all, make sure to try your best in high school, and do not stress too much. Good luck in high school, Panthers!