• May 1This final month is filled with field trips, special events, and much more! Look out for new articles to find out more.

• May 1Which theme park do you prefer? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• April 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

Eighth Grade Promotion Activities

Credit to  flicker.com

Credit to flicker.com

John Walker

John Walker

Credit to flicker.com

Allie W., News Editor

As the 2017-2018 school year comes to an end, seventh-graders and eighth-graders alike begin to ponder what the next year holds in store for them; but before the next school year starts, this one must conclude. With so many outstanding events that are available for eighth-graders, the end of this year will surely be an exciting one for the Parks Junior High class of 2018.

First of all, on May 30th, the annual Promotion Dance will take place at the Springfield Banquet Center. Last year, Leadership outdid themselves with this dance, and even included a photo booth! All of the eighth-graders have high hopes for what must be in store this year, and no one would want to miss such an event. To attend, you must pay forty dollars in advance; this transaction will occur in the theatron soon, so keep an eye out for a table that will accept the cash.

The next day, May 31st, will be when the eighth-grade Disneyland field trip takes place. This field trip requires ninty dollars in advance, and parents will be accepting payment and permission slips in the theatron soon. This well-known trip is always a big hit; to find out more about such a memorable event, stay on the lookout for an upcoming article dedicated to this fun topic.

The last exciting event of the year is, of course, the promotion ceremony for eighth-graders to become ninth-graders. This exceptional day will occur right after the Disneyland field trip day, on the last day of school. June 1st seems to be the perfect date for such an important ceremony to occur; make sure to invite your friends and family so they can save the date.

Overall, the month of May holds a lot in store for all of our eighth-graders, whether it be going to Disneyland, going to the promo dance, or graduating at promotion. After all, it is the last month of the eighth-grade year! Finally, make sure to look out for articles with more information on these events to find out more. GO PANTHERS!