• November 5The speech and debate team will be going to a competition on both Friday and Saturday.

• September 10Don’t miss out on the Scholastic Book Fair next week, Wednesday through Friday!

• August 28The Leadership Lunchtime Events are rolling around the corner. Make sure to sign up at the theatron!

“The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up”

Picture credit to the Parks Panther Press.

Allie W., News Editor

The school day has ended, all after-school activities are over, and with a backpack, homework, and negative events from the day all weighing you down, you open the door to your bedroom and walk inside. With your backpack slipping off your shoulder, your gaze falls upon the various objects across the room. What do you see? Are you face to face with disorganization, or do your eyes meet a drawer that has been crammed full? Is clutter taking over, to the point where the walls seem to slowly be closing in?
When you return home from a long day, the last thing you want is to feel like the place you should love is suffocating and stifling; but sometimes, no matter how much we donate, throw away, or organize, there always seems to be some sort of rebound in return. In response to this seemingly unavoidable and daunting effect, Marie Kondo, author of “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up”, has dedicated her life to researching how to create a happy, fulfilling, and tidy space that is sure to bring you joy- and keeping it that way. Her findings in this field revolutionize the art of decluttering, and she reveals her tips and tricks in her New York Times best-selling book.
With over three million copies sold as of 2014, Kondo has caught the interest of many, especially with her promise of “how to put your space in order in a way that will change your life forever.” In fact, none of her clients have ever experienced a rebound effect after using her method of organization. This amazing and well-developed method has taken her years to perfect, and can be put quite simply. Known as the KonMari Method, Kondo describes this process as “the secret of success”; simply “Start by discarding. Then organize your space, thoroughly, completely, in one go.” Such a tactic may seem overrated, but throughout her book, Kondo describes successful tips, stories of her research, and experiences with her clients, that all add up to one very interesting, helpful, and downright simple read.
Interested? Then do not hesitate to pick up a copy of “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up”, because the sooner you declutter, the sooner you will be surrounded only by things that bring you joy. Such transformation really can make an impact on your life, so why not start today? Pretty soon, you will not only feel tidier, but happier too.