• May 1This final month is filled with field trips, special events, and much more! Look out for new articles to find out more.

• May 1Which theme park do you prefer? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• April 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

The Weeks of Testing

Christina L., Contributor

Coming up, faster than any Parks Junior High school student would want, are the Testing Weeks of May 7th and May 15th. Since these somewhat stressful testing events are coming up, the students of the Parks Panther Press have devised some ways to hopefully help all students get through such difficult times.

Study tip #1: Get enough sleep!
No one can stress this advice enough when it comes to testing or any other important event. Getting enough sleep is vital, so your mind can function properly, and you can remember the topics that you studied. If you are feeling tired, your mind cannot function as well; in result, you may not remember some of the facts or methods that you have studied. Such a difficulty could leave you more exhausted then you should be at the end of testing.

How to get enough sleep:

Problems that prevent sleeping- Mutiple methods can help you sleep for at least eight hours every night, but there may be some problems that occur that you did not realize exsisted. For example, using electronics 1-2 hours before going to bed may make it harder for your body to relax and fall asleep. Eating or drinking anything caffeinated or sugary before bed may also be a problem, as well as eating a heavy meal.

Solutions that help sleeping- One thing that could help with falling asleep would be certain types of tea, such as: Lavender, Chamomile, Hops, Passion Flower, Decaf Green, etc.; but remember to avoid highly caffeinated teas such as: Jasmine, Green, etc.

Study tip #2: Eat breakfast and plenty of brain food!
Eating breakfast with a variety of healthy nutrients may be one of the most important parts of the day, although most students would like to skip breakfast. Whether you do that or not, remember to eat plenty of brain food during the week such as: eggs, nuts, salmon, yogurt, broccoli, dark chocolate, or anything rich in omega-3 fatty acids and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). You can do this by either bringing snacks to school, or eating breakfast at home.

Study tip #3: Make sure that you are still enjoying yourself!
During this time of the year, many people are filled with doom and gloom due to end of the year stress; but remember that negativity will not help your mood or test scores. If you are feeling stressed, take a moment to calm down. Also remember that if you are stressed, it means that you really care, and want to do well. Life cannot be fully enjoyed if you are always trying to prepare for the future. So just take a breather once in a while when you really need it.

Good luck on testing and GO PANTHERS!