• May 1This final month is filled with field trips, special events, and much more! Look out for new articles to find out more.

• May 1Which theme park do you prefer? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• April 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

Parks JHS – Presidential Elections

Joey W., Contributor

Hey Parks Panthers! At tutorial today, we will have a school election. Many students in leadership will be running for school President and Vice President. There are many running, so be sure to make the best choice! The students’ running for President are as follows: Jude Varrier, Lillian Kelly, Rebecca Tulla, Ben Kim, and Chan Chung. The students’ running for Vice President are as follows: Rayden Aramento, Sean Kang, Kate Hyun, and Vivi Mercado. In fact, I have interviewed 2 students currently in the presidential race. Jude Varrier (President) and Rayden Aramento (Vice President).

Question #1: Did anyone influence you to run for President/Vice President?

Jude Varrier: “Yes. My older cousin, Daniel. He ran for Vice President at Santa Fe High School, and won. I wanted to follow in my older cousins footsteps.”

Rayden Armamento: “My dad influenced me to run because he was the Vice President of his old school and I thought it was a great opportunity.”

Question #2: Why did you decide to run for President/Vice President?

Jude Varrier: “I wanted to run for president because it sounded awesome and gave me an opportunity to help this school out.”

Rayden Armamento: “I noticed there were a lot of bad things happening at this school, and I wanted to help.”

Question #3: If you do win, what will you do to make our school the best it can be?

Jude Varrier: “I will listen to other people’s ideas and use those ideas to make the school the best it can be.”

Rayden Armamento: “I will stop all the negative things by speaking more to the students and staff.”

Thank you, Jude and Rayden, for continuing to make our school stronger everyday! And now, a final word from both students: “Remember, do not vote for your best friends. Wait until all the students speak, and then make the best choice. Voting for your friends won’t do any good. In addition, speaking in front of 1,000 kids isn’t easy. Please show respect to all the students’ running for President and Vice President.”