• May 1This final month is filled with field trips, special events, and much more! Look out for new articles to find out more.

• May 1Which theme park do you prefer? Take the poll on our homepage to express your opinion!

• April 12Check out our new High School column to learn more about Troy, Sunny Hills, Fullerton, OCSA, and many more!

Parks 2018 Talent Show

Barbie M., Contributor

The Parks 2018 Talent Show was an incredible performance put on by the students and teachers both. It was on April 19th, in the Parks Music Room and had two productions taking place at three and seven. The acts were amazing, and really portrayed the true talent residing at Parks. Some of these acts included singing, dancing, and some students even played the piano. The show was opened by a performance from our very own orchestra closely followed by Choir ll singing “Waving Through a Window”. These were followed by many great acts by both students and teachers. The wonderful teacher acts included Ms. Turner playing “Ecossaises” on the piano and The Dancing Bledsoes. Ms. Turner was astounding on the piano, playing one of the hardest songs preformed that day, this was her last talent show and she definitely went out with a bang. The Dancing Bledsoes were a group of six Parks teachers dancing to a mashup of various songs wearing gigantic masks of our own school counselor, Mr. Bledsoe. Along with the teachers, the students’ acts truly blew us away, showing the many talents here at Parks. Some of these acts included Kelcie Barbour dancing to the song “Came here for Love”, it was moving and showed passion, bringing tears to the audience’s eyes. That night there were many singing acts, and all were astounding. These included Angelina Kharrat singing “We Used to Be”, an original song, Alexis Helmer singing “Don’t Know Why”, Kaylin Park with “What About Us”, and many more. Aside from the singing and dancing acts, we had a couple more unique and first-time performances. These included Jessica Cloninger and her puppet, Custard; performing “Read my Lips” a first-time ventriloquism act that blew the audience away. More unique acts included Mo Zhou playing “Galloping on the Endless Grassland” on a Erhu, and an upbeat feel-good solo drum show put on by Selah Sanchez to the song “September”. At the end of the night, the talent show was truly amazing and a great time to get to know students  and teachers better. Everyone who had gone was blown away, and it really showed us what a great school we have, with amazing and talented students.