• January 18This coming Saturday, January 26, is the Panther Palooza! Please see Mrs. Mundschau for more details!

• December 7Quote of the Day: “Don’t worry about failures. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” - Jack Canfield

Erik Karlsson Traded?

Joey W., Nicholas Kim, and Parshwa P.

As some may know, one of the NHL’s best defensemen, Erik Karlsson, was just officially traded to the San Jose Sharks. In the midst of a team rebuild, this superstar’s contract came to a close. In addition, the Ottawa Senators haven’t been successful, to say the very least. With all this going on, Erik Karlsson decided to slip through the drama and join a new elite club.
The San Jose Sharks are now a big contender for the Stanley Cup. With players like Brent Burns, Joe Pavelski, Logan Couture, Joe Thornton, and now Erik Karlsson, this team is definitely the best defensive team to ever step foot onto the ice. According to Erik Karlsson on Twitter, “I never wanted to leave the Senator’s Organization. It was just too good of an offer to pass up.” In addition to the luxurious contract San Jose offered him, he has finally joined a highly skilled team.
According to tsn.ca, general manager of the San Jose Sharks, Doug Wilson, states that, “The San Jose Sharks would not have traded for Erik Karlsson if the team didn’t believe they could sign the all-star defenceman to a long-term contract.” Wilson continues to mention that he was very comfortable about this opportunity, as he mentions that the 28-year old hockey player still has room to grow in his sports career.
Erik Karlsson, the Swedish 6 foot, 191 pound NHL superstar has been playing hockey for the past 10 years. He is undoubtedly one of the best defenseman to ever step foot onto the ice. He is compassionate and dedicated, and still has a very long future ahead of him. He will forever be known as a crucial part of the Ottawa Senators organization .

Joey W., Sports Editor

Joey Winthrop is currently an 8th grader attending Parks Jr. High. Outside of academics, he is an exceptional hockey player and plays AAA travel hockey...