• October 11The school fall dance theme has been announced, A Night at New York!

• October 10A category 4 storm, Hurricane Michael, makes landfall in Florida.

• October 4Parks Dance on October 26

LeBron‘s First Game as a Laker

Tay Kim, Contributor

Now on his third NBA franchise in his career, LeBron James made his debut as a Los Angeles Laker on Sunday against the Denver Nuggets. LeBron’s blockbuster move to sign with the Lakers this offseason had really shaken up the whole league, for this was only something short of a fantasy a few years ago. But, everybody will have to adjust,  sooner or later, to this unfamiliar concept of LeBron James wearing a purple-and-gold uniform.

However, not everything went according to plan for fans. Many expected this game to be a thriller to remember, but it was actually far from that. LeBron only played 15 minutes this games, while putting up 9 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists. This is nothing to be ashamed of, but nothing amazing, especially when it comes to talking about “The King” himself.

But LeBron’s first game was just a preseason game, so LeBron had just a few minutes of playing time, just showcasing a glimpse of what is to come this regular season. Another reason why LeBron barely played was that so he could rest a little bit, while also getting familiar with playing professional basketball again. This game was only just a warmup for LeBron before he plays in the games that will actually matter.

And unfortunately, the Lakers could not secure the win, for the Nuggets performed well in a 124-107 victory. Sure, this was definitely not the outcome Lakers fans had in mind, but there were sure lots of positive things to take away from this game.

For starters, LeBron’s first basket as a Laker was nothing but net. His first basket was a flawless three-pointer that swishes through the basket for easy points. Another thing to take away was the chemistry the Lakers already have, even though there were plenty of new players added to the roster this offseason.

The future certainly looks bright for the Los Angeles Lakers and its fans, for they will be able to enjoy their former greatness and success once again. With LeBron James, a bright young core, and a supporting cast of key veterans, the Lakers look to regain the title as one of the best teams in the NBA.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/1966/lebron-james https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/martin-rogers/2018/10/01/lebron-james-first-lakers-game-we-expected/1484451002/