Parks Panther Press

Preview of the Super Bowl LIII

Back to Article
Back to Article

Preview of the Super Bowl LIII

Tom Brady, the New England Patriots’ quarterback prepares for what could be his 6th Super Bowl win. Photo courtesy of Wikipedia Commons.

David K.

January of 2000. This was the last Super Bowl that was won by the Los Angeles Rams. Now, 19 years later, the team will try to defeat the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LIII. But, this game could be the most important game for the New England Patriots. Last year, Super Bowl LII, if the Patriots had won against the Eagles, they would’ve tied the Steelers for most Super Bowl wins with six in total. However, the Eagles managed to defeat the Patriots by a score of fourth one to thirty three. Now, the Patriots are tied with the Broncos for most losses in the Super Bowl, five in total. Now, they could either tie for most wins, or become the team with most losses in Super Bowl LIII.

New England has now been in a total of ten Super Bowls, with five wins and five losses. The last seven games loss, loss, win, win, win, loss, loss, win, win, loss. This is a crucial battle for the Patriots, one that determines their status in the NFL. Will they become tied for the best team in the Super Bowl or will they become the team with the most super bowl losses?. All of the Patriot’s first seven games, during the Tom Brady and head coach Bill Belichick’s time were very thrilling. SBNATION have said “…the Pats could’ve easily been anywhere between 7-0 and 0-7 in those games. The same goes for Game number 8.”

However, don’t get it wrong, this is also a big game for the Rams. The Rams haven’t won a Super Bowl since the year of 2000 in which head coach Sean McVay led them to Super Bowl victory. This year in Super Bowl LIII, the LA Rams will try to reclaim the Vince Lombardi Trophy for themselves.

About the Writer
David K., Writer

David Kim is a 7th grader currently attending Parks. In his free time he likes to read, play games, and hang out with his friends. His favorite game to...