Advanced Band

Back to Article
Back to Article

Advanced Band

Preston S., Arts and Entertainment Editor

Advanced band is an intermediate class in terms of difficulty at Parks Junior High School. Although it is an intermediate class, it is also an enjoyable class that will be a lasting memory in my life. I would rate this class a 10 out of 10 because we play a lot of good music pieces. This class helped me sharpen my percussion skills as it made me better than I was before taking this class.

Band will take anyone who can at least know how to play an instrument decently. There are many field trips and concerts provided that will leave an unforgettable moment in student’s lives. From going to Wilshire Avenue Church, USC, and to Disneyland, there is not a reason why you shouldn’t join advanced band. If you are wondering what instruments are in the band, there are, trumpets, oboe, clarinet, flute, saxophone, trombone, bass clarinet, and percussion.

All in all, everyone who leaves advanced band will not only become better at an instrument, but they will also leave with many unforgettable memories. One student states, “Advanced band feels like another home because of all the nice people that I play with especially Mr. Boughter.” Overall, advanced band has given me many memories which will stick with to me for the rest of my life.