Parks Panther Press

Mo Bamba

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mo Bamba

Noah Choi, Contributor

Mohammed Fakaba Bamba was born on May 12 of 1998 in Harlem, New York, to his parents Lancine Bamba and Aminata Johnson.  Mohammed’s parents are emigrants from the Ivory Coast. His grandparents were raised in Mali. Bamba has two brothers, on full and one step.  Both played college basketball, influencing him to also play ball at the age of six.

During middle school, the danger of violence and drugs were very real.  Due to this, Bamba attended an all boys boarding school, Cardigan Middle School for eighth and ninth grade.  Bamba wanted a chance to experience something new and better than the dangers of the world, so he leaned toward basketball.

A few years later, he moved to Westtown School in Pennsylvania.  In high school, Mo averaged 14 points, 11 rebounds, and six blocks per game.  With his insane height and huge wingspan, Bamba was able to tower over his competition.  With his 9 foot 6 standing reach, there is no way that you’re getting past Mo.

Following this, Bamba also competed in the 2017 Mcdonald’s  All-American Game. Bamba was part of the best high school starting lineup ever.

He then attended University of Texas, joining their basketball team.  Here, Bamba averaged about 13 points per game, 11 rebounds, and half an assist.

For his professional career, Bamba refused to sign with the Grizzlies, and chose the Magic’s.  This was most likely because Bamba wanted to be a part of a better team. He signed with the Magic’s for 2 year worth $10,562,64.  On his NBA debut, Bamba recorded 13 points, 7 assists, and 2 blocks.

Along with Bamba’s great stats, Bamba is also the longest player in NBA history.  With his 7 foot 9 inch wingspan and 9 foot 6 standing reach, he is  half-inch longer in wingspan on Rudy Gobert, and two inches on Shaquille O’Neal and Hassan Whiteside.

Many may know Bamba as a song, but I believe that his NBA career is far more impressive.  With some insane blocks making tons of highlights, Bamba should be known more as a professional basketball player.  

About the Writer
Noah Choi, Sports Writer

Noah Choi attends Parks Jr. High.  He loves shoes and the Dodgers.  Some of Noah’s hobbies are baseball, TKD, and reselling hype shoes and clothes....

1 Comment

One Response to “Mo Bamba”

1. Chirag Agarwal on April 3rd, 2019 8:10 PM

I think you wrote this article very well, but you could have created an attractive title which could have captivated my mind. A title like, Mo Bamba

• Mo Bamba

Two Teams Swept From the 2019 NHL Playoffs!

• Mo Bamba

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Pittsburgh Penguins Versus the New York Islanders

• Mo Bamba

Luxurious Supercars

• Mo Bamba

Joker’s Appearance to the Super Smash Ultimate Universe may be Delayed

• Mo Bamba

Manny Machado Joins the Padres

• Mo Bamba

Choir

• Mo Bamba

Advanced Band

• Mo Bamba

Class of Music

• Mo Bamba

Apex Legends

• Mo Bamba

Theatre Elective

Mo Bamba