Web Design Elective

Back to Article
Back to Article

Web Design Elective

Emilie C., Web Editor

If you want to join an elective that involves computers, art, and editing, this is the elective for you. Web design is the process of creating websites. It encompasses several different aspects, including web page layout, content production, and graphic design. If you are interested in any of these aspects web design might be a good choice for you at Parks Junior High school. I am going to write about my experience last semester, and also what we learned.

You will be using softwares like DreamWeaver and Fireworks. From here you will get to learn different standards such as making an image fit properly or create a title that moves. These are just the basics, wait till you get to learn Animations. Animations is where you create moving pictures on your website. You will have a lessons on each of these softwares that will make you soon master it. After learning all of these standards, you will create a final website that can be published on the internet, and visited by your peers.

Most people enjoy this Web Design elective, because of the grades they receive. Most 7th and 8th graders enjoy this class, so most likely you will too. When I was taking this class, during those two quarters Web Design was my favorite class of all. The only reason people worry about this elective is because of the grades. To be honest, Web Design is an easy A, as long as you listen and turn your work in time. This is a quote from a student that attended Web Design, “Web Design was the best period I ever took, another factor in that was because of my grades that were an A at the end of semester.”

You might be wondering “well, how is it different from the other electives?” Web Design allows you to have full control. Your ideas and creativity can play a huge factor for the website. You not only will participate in the website making, but here and there you get to do fun projects. There is also Web Design class in high school, so taking this class will be a head start. Rather than comparing to other classes, Web Design allows you to “take a break” it opens a window for creativity. “I would like to tell other upcoming Parks Junior High students to take this elective, and use your imagination to create a phenomenal website.” –  Anonymous student of Web Design