Let’s Be Good

Back to Article
Back to Article

Let’s Be Good

Courtesy of Flickr.

Courtesy of Flickr.

Courtesy of Flickr.

Courtesy of Flickr.

Ethan Kim, Writer

The world is becoming unkind. Bullying rates are rising, people are getting more violent, and the world is filling up with hatred, anger, and fear. The world was not meant to be like this. We were made to support the ones in need and build each other up. It may be hard, but it is the right thing to do. 

The past was never like this. People have never been this angry and troublesome. People’s natures are changing very rapidly compared to other things. Our modern time has changed so fast within the timespan of 10 years. We have come up with things like robots, phones and advanced electronics, among other things. But this has led to problems such as cyber bullying, scamming, and so much more that it has been becoming more of a disadvantage than a benefit. The main reason for this is the people that are using this new technology. If the people change, then this would all be gone. If bullying and undkindeness was gone, I bet you everyone would be happier. We must change and help others change. We can change this world back into the joyful earth it was meant to be.

There are many acts and events that are happening because of this issue. For example, a company has been coming up with bulletproof backpacks and was even featured in a Korean news show. If we knew the world was safe, there would be no need to even think of these ideas. Because of all the hate, anger, and chaos that we are causing, it is starting to seem like items of this sort are necessary. People are becoming scared, when they shouldn’t be.

Remember, we must all stay kind and be polite. There may be unkind people near you, but do not join them. Also, be careful of what you say. You might have not meant it,  but sometimes something you say may have been hurtful to someone else. Even the positive things have negativity in them. For example, greetings have changed. The normal one we know like “Hi” or “Howdy” is something nice to say. However, humor has became darker.  Now, especially Junior High students, say “Hey, Ugly” or “Stupid. Don’t do that. This change has been dark and we must change it back. Be kind to others, and try to be positive and spread good. We can fix all the bad issues in the world if everyone is a little kinder.