Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Kate Middleton’s Cancer Diagnosis

On March 22, 2024, Catherine Middleton, the Princess of Wales, announced via a pre-recorded video that she had been diagnosed with cancer. Although she didn’t specify her illness, she said that after her abdominal surgery, cancer was found. Catherine Middleton shared to the public, “This of course came as a huge shock and I am   doing everything I can to process and manage it privately.” 

During this time, Middleton chose to limit her public appearances to spend time with her family. However, this soon led to speculation with some wondering where Middleton actually was and what the surgery was for. Several conspiracy theories have been circulating that the princess has been faking her diagnosis or that she had gone missing. But after her announcement, people all around the world issued statements of support, while “princess watchers” who spent the past month spreading outlandish rumors and jokes on social media, expressed their regret. Although there are still many questions surrounding her health, all hope the royal will make a fast and full recovery.