Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Baseball VS Basketball

Around the world, there have been arguments and comparisons between the two famous sports: baseball and basketball. People continue to argue over which sport requires more skill, is more interesting, or is overall the better sport. Today in this article we will discuss which sport is harder and the best. 

Firstly, basketball is a team sport that includes two teams with five players on each team. Each player is tasked with an important role to contribute towards winning the game. A basketball game is forty-eight minutes and divided into four quarters although this does not show the actual amount of time of a basketball game. The average NBA game is estimated to be about two hours. Within this time period, players are constantly running, jumping, and exerting energy. It’s very impressive that NBA players or just even regular basketball players can do all of these for long periods of time. This is a sport that requires players to perform to their very limit. Because of this, basketball can be a challenging game and difficult sport to play.

In regards to baseball, the sport also has two teams per game but each team has a total of nine players.  Every player on the diamond has an important role to play. For example, there are the outfielders who are the people all the way in the back of the stadium trying to catch a baseball that comes their way. Then there are the infielders who would try to stop a baseball from getting through to the outfielder on the ground. Finally, we have the two most important roles in baseball: the pitcher and the catcher. The pitcher has to throw the ball to start a game and the catcher’s job is to catch the ball from getting by him. An average baseball game is about 2 hours and 36 minutes. These sports require a lot of power and energy to play the sport. Baseball can also be a very challenging game and a difficult sport to play. 

After all of this information about baseball and basketball, we have finally come to the conclusion that basketball is better in terms of entertainment. This is because players can show off their skills to excite the crowd. However, we determined that baseball is a harder sport in terms of the technical skills required to accomplish the sport. What sport do you think is harder and better out of these two?