Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Korean Culture Night 2024

On April 18, 2024, Parks Junior High held its third Korean Culture Night in the theatron. The event lasted from 4:00-6:00 p.m. and included events such as a tea ceremony, a Nanta Drum Group performance, a K-Pop dance, and more! Hundreds of Fullerton residents and students took part in the festivities including Laguna Road’s kindergarten and 1st-grade class and Sunny Hill High School’s KCC Band, “Cosmos.” Some other standout moments of the night were when Ms. Jiho Lee performed a Traditional Korean Dance and when Ms. Yoonja Esther Ji along with Mr. Byungsang Lee played the Gayaguem and Janggu, traditional Korean instruments.

In addition to the entertainment, guests were able to eat delicious food and participate in various activities. A wide range of traditional Korean food was served at the event including tteokbokki, japchae, eomukguk, and bulgogi. While tasting the different foods, attendees joined in on Korean games such as jegichagi, ddakji, and gonggi. Although the guests came from all different backgrounds and cultures, we as a community came together to experience, enjoy, and celebrate Korean culture during this spectacular night. Parks Junior High School’s KCN continues to grow and improve every year and we look forward to seeing what Ms. Shim and the Korean Culture Club will come up with in 2025!