MBTI at Parks Jr. High

The MBTI personality test, also known as the Myers–Briggs personality test, is a widely used and accepted personality test. Many companies and interviewers will utilize the test results as a baseline for judging people quickly and efficiently due to the in-depth view that test results can provide. With so many individuals taking this assessment, this begs the question, what demographic do students at Parks have? 

In a study of various 7th-grade honors students, the data that came out of the assessment provided some fascinating insights. The statistic we analyzed was introverted vs. extroverted, labeled respectfully as E and I. Surprisingly there was no difference between the two with 50% of results coming back as introverted and 50% as extroverted. The next component we looked at was sensors, those who tend to focus on facts, at 43% and intuitives, those who prefer a variety of tasks and data points, at 57%. After, 61% of the students were thinkers, who make decisions with logic, while only 39% of the students were feelers, those who tend to make decisions with their own personal values. Finally, 71% of those tested aligned with perceivers, those who are more spontaneous and flexible, while a ere 29% aligned with judgers, those who tend to be organized and prepared.

These statistics suggest that 7th grade honors students are for the most part xNTP personality type(s). Some well known xNTPs include Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, Bill Gates, Marie Curie, Leonardo Da Vinci, Barack Obama, Celine Dion, Jane Austen, and Mark Zuckerberg. Unsurprisingly INTP, ENFP, and ISTP all tie for the most common result while ENTP and ESTJ sit in 4th and ENFJ, INFJ, ESFP, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, INFP, and ESTP all tie with one result each. In conclusion, the average 7th grade honors student is an xNTP- the analytical thinker.