Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Kaylene Hong- A Student’s Dream to Be an Entertainer

Kaylene Hauen Hong was born on June 12, 2011, and from an early age, she always loved to dance and sing. Since fourth grade, she has been attending GI, a prestigious dance academy and at Parks Junior High, one of her electives is choir, which she’s been enjoying immensely.  As she got older, Hong realized that she wanted to pursue her passion and become a professional singer and dancer. Below are some interview questions Hong has answered.

What’s your goal for the future?

“My goal for the future is to become a professional singer and dancer. However, I would also love to stay connected with my family and friends. I will try my best to achieve my dream in whatever way I can.”

What is your dream college/high school?

“I would love to attend Hanlim High School and UC Berkeley and major in music.” (Hanlim High School is a multi-arts school located in Seoul, Korea.)

Who are your biggest supporters at this moment?

“I think my family and friends really encourage me to live a happy future, doing what I want to do.” Her family, which consists of her parents and her two younger siblings (brother and sister), helps Hong to fulfill her dreams. “Friends are a big part of my life. They are always willing to lend a hand and give support.”

Who are your models for your goal/future?

One of her biggest idols she looks up to is Soyeon from the K-pop girl group, G-(idle). “Soyeon writes her own lyrics and produces music, and on top of that, she’s also an ace.” Hong also discusses her admiration for the K-pop boy group, Seventeen. “Hoshi is an amazing dancer and has such good body control in his movements. Woozi wrote all the songs Seventeen has sung, he’s also a great vocalist.”

What are some quotes you are inspired by?

“Some quotes I find inspiring are….”

– “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” By Carol Burnett

– “The future depends on what you do today.” By Mahatma Gandhi

– “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” By Eleanor Roosevelt

– “Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” By Julia Child

– “Why be a follower when you can be a leader? Live your passion, follow your dreams.” By Alvaretta Roberts

If you want to know more about Kaylene Hong, check out her staff bio at parkspantherpress.com.

View Comments (4)