Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Flag Football Championship Game

On Nov. 2, 2023, at Nicolas  Jr High, the Parks Panthers and the Nicolas Knights battled it out in the flag football championship game. At the start, Nicolas won the toss and chose to give us the ball. To kick off the game, the Knights got a pick-six off QB Aiden Grajeda and took it down the sideline, but missed the one-point conversion. The Parks Panthers responded with a touchdown pass from Grajeda to Kyle Han over the middle, making the score 6-6. During the second quarter, the Panthers went back out on defense, and then, on offense,  Grajeda to Brandon Kim scored a touchdown. With the score now 12-6, our school’s Jakob Espinoza scored another touchdown for the team, but again, failed to score the one-point conversion. In the second half of the game, the Nicolas players made a huge comeback and by the end of the third quarter, the Knights took the lead with a score of 24-18. After, the Knights went out and got the one-point conversion to take the lead. With  42 seconds left, Logan Ploog made a one-handed catch to bring the Panthers to midfield. With the clock ticking down 10-9-8-7-6-5-4, Grajeda hiked it up to Jaewon Lee, but it ended up being an incomplete pass. In the end, despite a tough fight from the Parks Panthers, Nicolas took the FSD championship title.