Parks, Now a ‘School to Watch’

Parks, Now a ‘School to Watch’

“Congratulations to these innovative and exceptional schools for creating systems that support the needs of all students…” – State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Thurmond. Parks earned the title “School to Watch”, thanks to the dedication of the staff and students. The staff and students of Parks Jr. High worked extremely hard, and you will be pleased to know that
the efforts have paid off!

Our own Parks Jr. High earned this feat by meeting the state’s criteria for high performance. The main three ideas the forum identifies are academic excellence, schools are developmentally responsive, and the environment is socially equitable. In translation, schools should be able to achieve or excel in the standards of the district, have unique and innovative ways for each student to do their personal best, and have a fair, justified surrounding where students can feel safe. Parks identified success in all these categories, plus ensuring an engaging and secure learning environment.

Parks, and other deserving schools will be recognized and celebrated on March 3rd, Schools to Watch Leadership Celebration Day. The video will most likely be posted on YouTube if you want to tune in. Commendations to all the staff and panthers here at Parks for an incredible milestone!