Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Who is Billie Eilish?

One of the most known artists today is Billie Eilish. She was born on Dec. 18, 2001, and grew up in Los Angeles. One of her first glimpses into the music industry was when she started playing ukulele at the age of six and when she joined the Los Angeles Children Chorus a couple of years later. She then started making music with her brother, Finneas, where she would sing and he would write the lyrics; this partnership continues today with the sibling duo working together on all of her projects. 

In 2015, at the age of 13, she released her first single, “Ocean Eyes,” and on March 29, 2019, she released her first album titled “WHEN WE FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?”  Following her first album, she then released “Happier Than Ever.” Some of her most famous singles to date are “Bad Guy,” “Everything I Wanted,” and “Therefore I Am. “

At just 22 years old, Billie Eilish has had many accomplishments and achievements. In her relatively short career, she has already won nine Grammy Awards, two Golden Globes, and two Academy Awards for her original songs in “No Time to Die” and “Barbie.” Even though she has obtained extraordinary success, the singer has also been very open about her mental illnesses and personal struggles. Over the years, Eilish has discussed her anxiety, depression, body dysmorphia, and Tourette syndrome. In addition, she has discussed having to deal with coming out in the public eye at such a young age. But despite these challenges, she continues to make music through this and help people through her words. She’s become a comfort place for many people and is very transparent with her fan base. She once stated “ I don’t even call them fans. I don’t like that… they’re a part of my family” showing just how much she loves them.