Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Film Review- Dune: Part Two

On March 1, 2024, “Dune: Part Two”, the continuation of Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune: Part One” was released in theaters. Averaging an 8.8/10 on IMDb and a 4.5/5 on Letterboxd, many are already positive it is to win an Academy Award. Serving as a follow-up to the first movie, “Dune: Part Two” essentially marks the end of Frank Herbert’s first book, which the films are based on.

Being nothing less than a huge milestone in filmmaking, viewing “Dune: Part Two” in theaters was one of the most captivating, cinematic experiences ever constructed. Upon rewatch, I would not hesitate to call it one of the best science fiction sequels ever made. Besides the stunning visuals and captivating cinematography, the film also had a remarkable original soundtrack. Along with “Star Wars” and “The Lord of Rings”, the Dune series is sure to be the next big sci-fi franchise to go down in history. 

Not only is “Dune: Part Two” praised for its cinematic merit, but for its talented and well-known cast. The film features familiar faces such as Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Austin Butler, Florence Pugh, Stellan Skarsågard, Rebecca Ferguson, Christopher Walken, and more.

Watching “Dune: Part Two” for the first time on a huge theater screen was truly a one-of-a-kind experience. I countlessly found myself holding my breath waiting for the next scene to unfold. There was a perfect amount of raw emotion and character development; the Dune series is truly everything people love about film.