Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Celebration for the 30th Anniversary of The Nightmare Before Christmas

On Oct. 13, 2023, Disney celebrated the 30th anniversary of “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” In case you need a refresher, the film follows the misadventures of Jack Skellington, Halloweentown’s beloved pumpkin king, who has become bored with the same annual routine of frightening people in the “real world.” When Jack accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, all bright colors and warm spirits, he gets a new lease on life — he plots to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over the role. But Jack soon discovers even the best-laid plans of mice and skeleton men can go seriously awry. 

The film originally premiered at the New York Film Festival on Oct. 9, 1993, and was given a limited release on Oct. 13, 1993. Since its release, it has become a family favorite among adults and youths alike. This past month, the studio brought “The Nightmare Before Christmas” back to theaters for the 30th anniversary of the film. Disney also has developed new merchandise for this special occasion. In addition to this celebration, from Oct. 27-30, Danny Elfman, responsible for composing the movie’s soundtrack, will perform his classic songs along with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra and special guests.