Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

Peso Pluma: A Rising Star

Hassan Emilio Kabande Laija, also known as Peso Pluma, is a regional Mexican artist who creates and performs music like corridos tumbados, trap, and reggaeton. Born on June 15, 1999, Pluma grew up in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico, but starting eighth grade, he moved to San Antonio, Texas. There he attended Corbett Junior High School as well as Clemens High School, where he would later graduate. When he turned 15, Pluma made the difficult decision to drop his big dreams of playing professional soccer when he learned to play guitar and song-making by using YouTube. Many doubted and made fun of him for trying to pursue his new goal of making music, but he went on to prove them wrong.

In the beginning, his views for his songs were extremely low, close to zero. However, this didn’t discourage him from achieving his goals. After lots of hard work, practice, and patience, some of his songs’ views started to grow more and more. Finally, in 2022, he published his first hit song, “Siempre Pendientes” featuring Luis. R Conriquez. This was just the start of his amazing career; Pluma’s popularity within the Latino community began to grow as he continued to release albums such as “AMG.” “Ella Baila Sola,” and “Genesis.” Pluma’s success has led him to great achievements, and he’s bound to get more in the future. This year, Pluma received many awards at the Latin Music Awards, including New Artist of the Year and Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year.

Peso Pluma is an influence to many, and coming from the bottom makes him an inspiration to other small musicians to one day make it big as well. People not only love his music, but they admire the humble and grounded person he continues to be.