Parks Panther Press

The Student News Site of Parks Junior High School

Parks Panther Press

Parks Panther Press

MALICE MIZER: A Diamond of Visual Kei

Malice Mizer is one of the best visual kei bands to exist. Active from 1992-2001, Malice Mizer was a Japanese visual kei band known for their strong French and classical influences, later moving away from deliberate French romanticism and incorporating Gothic aspects. However, they experienced many difficulties such as the disappearance of members throughout their active years. 

Despite these challenges, Malice Mizer was still able to amaze their fans with visual aesthetics, fashion, and of course, their music. The band has written many beautiful songs such as “Gardenia,” “Ma Cheiré,” and “Baroque;” these songs have amazing vocals and emotion, each having its unique aspect. Furthermore, their live performances had decorative scenery and the well-rehearsed choreography added a level of perfection to their shows. At the peak of their fame, they were considered “the top 4 of visual kei”.

After their last show in Dec. 2001, the band went on an indefinite hiatus, and Malice Mizer came to an end. Malice Mizer has been a big inspiration to fans all around the world and their disbanding had a huge impact on many. But due to their influence on Japan and several different parts of the world, they remain, and will always remain, a diamond of visual kei.